Photobucket

Monday 20 June 2011

Our Journey Continues and Our Blog Begins

I am starting this blog for my sweet Maddox. He is the best person I've ever known! Maddox was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder at 2 1/2 years old. Since that January afternoon in 2009, our  little family has been consumed with the world of Autism. A set "roadmap"does not exist for curing this condition that overtakes your beautiful, innocent child. Not yet anyways. As parents, we are left to fail or succeed on our own for our babies. It truly is a marathon, not a sprint and the most important piece of advice that I could ever give to another parent is to BE PROACTIVE. Children Do Fully Recover from ASD and my goal in life is to include my wonderful Maddox in that growing group of success stories. He is an amazing gift and I cherish him and all of the lessons he continues to teach me. 

Many of you would be shocked to know how much time, energy, money and research it takes just to fulfill our kid's ever expanding health needs on a weekly basis. Each child struggles with such seemingly endless challenges that change and morph into different symptoms. Just as soon as you conquer one symptom, another one arrises. I have been so blessed to meet many amazing children and parents facing the very same challenges that we, as a family face on a daily basis. This is a platform for me to reach out to others and bring them behind the scenes on Maddox's daily therapies, successes, regressions, diet, biomedical interventions and more! I truly hope this blog helps those outside of the Autism world fully appreciate what these children and families are going thru daily. Autism is just a curtain that needs to be lifted. These are beautiful, vibrant, talented, intelligent children and adults that are struggling with the symptoms of Autism and deserve the utmost respect and care. 


No comments:

Post a Comment